Quote of the Day

more Quotes

06 December 2010

Waiting for Saint Nicholas


My lil princess chose the best muffin I baked in honour of Saint Nicholas, added a glass of milk to the letter she had written to him and went to bed early, confident that this morning she could find the requested gift. The Saint had signed her letter, she knew he had been tracking she had been nice!

As every year since we moved to Trieste, Saint Nicholas punctually arrived and left the gift, after appreciating the muffin and the glass of fresh milk :) In this way he added credibility to the scene my baby found when she woke up.


Watching her open her present with her face lighting up and screaming up in delight was priceless. It's beautiful to see her so happy, my heart melts! She makes me want to start life over but now that I'm here, I totally enjoy all her milestones, conscious that I'm learning every day. Because "while we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." (Angela Schwindt)
You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...