Quote of the Day

more Quotes

22 March 2012

Ghost song


Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
my pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
the day's divinity
First thing you see.


A vast radiant beach and cooled jeweled moon
Couples naked race down by it's quiet side
And we laugh like soft, mad children
Smug in the wooly cotton brains of infancy
The music and voices are all around us.


Choose they croon the Ancient Ones
the time has come again
choose now, they croon
beneath the moon
beside an ancient lake


Enter again the sweet forest
Enter the hot dream
Come with us
everything is broken up and dances.


Indians scattered,
On dawn's highway bleeding
Ghosts crowd the young child’s,
Fragile eggshell mind


We have assembled inside,
This ancient and insane theater
To propagate our lust for life,
And flee the swarming wisdom of the streets.


The barns have stormed
The windows kept,
And only one of all the rest
To dance and save us
From the divine mockery of words,
Music inflames temperament.


Ooh great creator of being
Grant us one more hour,
To perform our art
And perfect our lives.


We need great golden copulations,


When the true kings murderers
Are allowed to roam free,
A thousand magicians arise in the land
Where are the feast we are promised?

One of the more incisive poems I've ever read, possibly. Jim may be derivative (William Blake is the guru he openly admitted to take inspiration from) but his creativity and sincerity, even in hiw wrong doings,  contributed to music a lot. And to the world in general, let me add.

source

My parents met and lived the debut of their toxic relationship in the 60's, unaware of how Jim was devastating America with his scandals. The innovative sound of his band was spreading around the globe but wasn't certainly my parents theme. When Oliver Stone's movie became so popular, dad decided to come with me to the theater to see what the fuss was all about. It was 1991, the peak of highest popularity in the band's post fame history. Many people started to listen to The Doors after getting intrigued by Val Kilmer's sexy interpretation of the King of Lizards.

Of course I was happy to go with dad. We had never done anything like that. At that time I still admired him for being responsible of my confident ego. Still, I wanted to disappear from the face of earth when Pam - Meg Ryan went down on Jim -Val Kilmer trying to improve his voice abused by alcohol whilst he was recording in the studio. I sooo wanted to be alone or with some friends, like anybody else my age (who the hell goes watch such movies with a parent after all? What was I thinking?) rather than being there feeling so terribly embarassed.

Then I glanced at his face, a mixture of awe, admiration and extreme curiosity. He wasn't shocked at all. And I immediately knew why. He hadn't come to finally do something with his daughter. How silly of me to hope that after so many years of negligence. He just wanted to understand what he lost. And judging from his dreamy interest, I'm sure he was trying to figure out how he could catch up with his years wasted listening to melodic Italian pop. 
 
The vortex of destructive choices in which he ended up to be in the following years were only just a confirmation of how I was right that night. I think he took Jim's teaching literally.  

"If my poetry aims to achieve anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel." Jim Morrison
Too bad Jim didn't have kids and dad didn't even notice. Maybe it could have made a difference. 

One more thing

Thank you oh lord
For the white blind light
Thank you oh lord
For the white blind light

A city rises from the sea
I had a splitting headache
From which the future's made

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...