Quote of the Day

more Quotes

11 February 2012

Snowy February

A polar wave is affecting Italy these days, causing delays on transportations, if not cancellations, power cuts, paralyzed traffic, isolated villages and all typical damages that snowfalls record. Snow is a rare event in Rome, we say that there it snows 'once in a Pope's death', once in a blue moon, so the city was more unprepared than others. People didn't go to work, schools closed and the Lord Mayor of the city was photographed shoveling a ridiculous amount of snow, armed with helmet too.

This video gives you an idea of what's going on in our capital. Better making fun of it, honestly. Let me just make fun of it for once all rather than critizing what speaks by itself!


My native Abruzzo was the region more effected but it's dealing with it right. Snow makes it even more beautiful and picturesque this time of the year. Look a the lovely collages I edited with pics taken from the usual Paesaggi d'Abruzzo group on Facebook and tell me if I'm not right!


Brrrrr, right? Though I recognize wintertime beauty, I don't like cold temperatures at all. So I prefer watching these images from my warm and cozy flat here. We're still dealing with Bora. Damn! Can I go somewhere exotic for the tiem being, please? Pleeeeeease!

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...