Quote of the Day

more Quotes

20 April 2010

gone with the wind

i did it in the end, i just sold my nana's necklace.


i didn't really need the money, i just wanted to take distances from all the drama going on with my family. after all i never felt this item as a symbol of love and affection, it was just a piece of gold in my closet. sometimes, the need to go ahead with your life is more important than emotions you feel for your family and loved ones.

neverthless, a slight sort of emotion is beginnig to surface. even if it wasn't passed to me directly, i just feel guilty after all is said and done. that's why i didn't get it appraised by many jewelers, i kept it simple and sold it to the first shop i went to last month. in this way, the urge to get emotionally rid of the necklace was higher than the need to make good cash out of it. 

the girl made the selling a pleasant experience and me, i feel i'm more and more beyond a road of no return. “there is a point at which everything becomes simple and there is no longer any question of choice, because all you have staked will be lost if you look back. life's point of no return.” -dag hammarskjold

2 comments:

  1. I do understand the need to move on, but I don't think I would've been able to sell something that belonged to my grandma. Hey!, I still have her shawl, a little bottle of her perfume, some inexpensive jewelry, and and sweater!...am I sentimental? or just plain antique keeper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no darling, you're not sentimental, you just had different and more positive experiences. one day i'll finally write a letter and tell you in details all the dram tat is going on here, so you'll understand. let's say that i tend to keep everything too, like you. but in this case, i really needed to do an exception!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...