Quote of the Day

more Quotes

05 April 2012

Easter Away

Let me tell you something: I don't want to go to Naples this Easter. We will be boarding Alitalia from Venice at 7.55 pm tonight and I'm NOT looking forward to it. That's why I'm probably here blogging my head away about traditional cakes from my region. It's all about sweets reproducing forms fertility 'and prosperity' decorated with eggs in my area at Easter time. Boys (brothers, sons and nephews) get horses, girls (sisters, daughters, nieces) get dolls and beloved ones are blessed with hearts. 

source 1
source 2
source 3
source 4
Baked by my friend Silvia. Aren't they amazing?

Ingredients are flour, toasted almonds, chocolate, sugar and eggs, and the forms can be enriched with candies. I'll miss these products this year. I will be eating cakes of the Neapolitan tradition but, believe me, they're not the same. And I don't want to be regionalist here. It's plain truth. 

Wishing you a peaceful Easter weekend, then. I'll see you all on my way back on Monday with more stories and photos and enthusiasm. I'm feeling low at the moment but, well, that's life. It is what it is and I better accept it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...