Quote of the Day

more Quotes

09 March 2012

Under the bridge

It was terrifcally sunny yesterday, still very cold. I had a stroll downtown and got back home very happy. Well, I did lots of shopping in between, that was therapeutic, but I enjoyed these last days of winter immensely. This city has an inner charm, it spreads around you and it's contagious. All noises are muffled to me, it's like walking in a dream. Barely stunning.  

Historical streetcar

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner
Sometimes I feel like my only friend
its the city I live in, the city of angels
Lonely as I am, together we cry 

I thought about our life here a lot whilst walking. It's the place where we have lived for longer so far. I'm building nice, solid friendships and it's here that I'm nurturing my great passion for photography. Our home looks as cozy as it never did and I'm starting to feel at home.

I drive on her streets cause she's my companion
I walk through her hills and she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds and she kisses me windy
I never worry, now that is a lie

Still, there's that vague feeling of not belonging that never leaves me. I wonder if it'll ever disappear. Or maybe if it won't, I don't care, because I deal with this empty state of things pretty well. I had to learn how to. And sometimes I think it makes me very strong on a bizarre way.

It's hard to believe that there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe that I'm all alone
At least I have her love the city, she loves me
Lonely as I am, together we cry

Amen to that. 

Yeah ye-yeah
Oh no no
I said yea ye-yea
I’ll stay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...