Quote of the Day

more Quotes

16 September 2010

Poetry Corner

A Pity, We Were Such A Good Invention

They amputated
Your thighs off my hips.
As far as I'm concerned
They are all surgeons. All of them.

They dismantled us
Each from the other.
As far as I'm concerned
They are all engineers. All of them.

A pity. We were such a good
And loving invention.
An aeroplane made from a man and wife.
Wings and everything.
We hovered a little above the earth.

We even flew a little.

I love this poem, and I dedicate it to whom knows why. It's intimate, alive, innovative, charged with metaphor and yet remarkably concrete. Yehuda Amichai is a great contemporary poet. Whoever translated his innovative use of language did a really good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, your opinion counts! Feel free to express yourself xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...